Recording artists and sound recording owners must be registered with SoundExchange in order to receive digital performance royalties for the use of their sound recordings on non-interactive platforms like SiriusXM, Pandora, and iHeart Radio. If you are a sound recording owner or a recording artist who has not registered with SoundExchange, then you can use the search tool below to see if you are owed royalties.
Guide to Key Terms
An Artist is the group, band, or individual name as it appears on the release of the recording. One or more Performers form an Artist. When an artist registers with SoundExchange, the Performer(s) can claim a percentage of royalties owed to them on a recording-by-recording basis.
- Maroon 5 is an Artist that consists of multiple Performers.
- Post Malone is an Artist that consists of only one Performer (named Austin Post).
A Sound Recording Owner is a record label or an individual who owns sound recordings. This is distinct from a copyright owner that owns a musical work or “song.”
Find Your Royalties
SoundExchange maintains four lists that reflect different statuses for each music creator for which we have collected unclaimed royalties. These lists are:
- Unregistered Artists – We do not have registration information for any of the Performers who make up these Artists or the registered parties have not made a complete claim.
- Partially Unregistered Artists – We have registration information for some, but not all, of the Performers who make up these Artists. For example, we may have registration information and may be paying royalties to four members of a five-Performer Artist, but the fifth Performer is not registered with us and is not receiving his/her share of the Artist’s royalties.
- Unregistered Performers – We do not have current registration information for these individuals.
- Unregistered Sound Recording Owner – We do not have registration information for these entities/individuals, or the registered party has not made a complete claim.
– LEECH*, POLLET*, CACHEMAILLE*, PHILIPPE* / CHŒUR* ET ORCHESTRE SYMPHONIQUE DE MONTRÉAL*, DUTOIT*
? & THE MYSTERIANS
?DO LEE & IOTA
… AND MORE BEARS
‘ANTONIO VIVALDI/GLORIA BANDITELLI, CONTRALTO/SWISS RADIO CHORUS OF LUGANO/I BAROCCHISTI’
‘CAROUSEL’ 2018 BROADWAY CAST AMAR RAMASAR
‘CLARA SCHUMANN/THOMAS HAMPSON, BARITONE/WOLFGANG SAWALLISCH, PIANO’
‘COME FROM AWAY’ COMPANY
‘EDDIE ‘CLEANHEAD’ VINSON
‘FELIX MENDELSSOHN/JUDITH RASKIN, SOPRANO/GEORGE SCHICK, PIANO’
‘GETTIN’ THE BAND BACK TOGETHER’ ORIGINAL BROADWAY COMPANY JAY KLAITZ MANU NARAYAN MITCHELL JARVIS PAUL WHITTY
‘JOHANNES BRAHMS/JUDITH BLEGEN, SOPRANO/FREDERICA VON STADE, MEZZO-SOPRANO/CHARLES WADSWORTH, PIANO’
‘JOHANNES BRAHMS/ROBERT SHAW FESTIVAL SINGERS/NORMAN MACKENZIE, PIANO/KARL DENT, TENOR’
‘JULES MASSENET/RENEE FLEMING, SOPRANO/LONDON PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA’
‘PHILADELPHIA’ JERRY RICKS
‘RICHARD STRAUSS/BARBARA BONNEY, SOPRANO/MALCOLM MARTINEAU, PIANO’
‘SAMUEL BARBER/MARILYN HORNE, MEZZO-SOPRANO/THE TOKYO STRING QUARTET’
‘SOMETHING ROTTEN’ COMPANY BRIAN D’ARCY JAMES KAREY KIRKPATRICK KEVIN MCCOLLUM KURT DEUTSCH WAYNE KIRKPATRICK
‘SOMETHING ROTTEN’ ENSEMBLE CHRISTIAN BORLE
‘SOMETHING ROTTEN’ MALE ENSEMBLE BRIAN D’ARCY JAMES CHRISTIAN BORLE JOHN CARIANI
‘SONGS FOR A NEW WORLD’ 2018 ENCORES! OFF-CENTER COMPANY
‘THE GREAT COMET" ORIGINAL CAST ENSEMBLE
‘THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME’ CHOIR ‘THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME’ ENSEMBLE CIARA RENÉE
‘THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME’ CHOIR ‘THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME’ ENSEMBLE JEREMY STOLLE PATRICK PAGE WILLIAM MICHALS
‘THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME’ CHOIR ‘THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME’ ENSEMBLE PATRICK PAGE
‘WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART/STUART BURROWS, TENOR/ACADEMY OF ST. MARTIN-IN-THE-FIELDS’