Title: Coordinator, Marketing and Industry Relations
Department: Marketing and Industry Relations
Reports To: Director, Brand Marketing
Supervisory Role: No
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Washington, DC (Hybrid)
SoundExchange is the premier music tech organization on a mission to power the future of music. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 600,000 creators and to date has paid more than $9 billion in distributions. Through unparalleled innovation of financial tech products and services, it distributes royalties to creator groups, advocates for fair pay across platforms, and creates systems that improve how the industry operates. Its proprietary fintech solutions help turn data into accurate revenue for creators and include Music Data Exchange (MDX) and International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC) Search.
We are seeking a Marketing Coordinator to provide support to the Director, Brand Marketing and day-to-day assistance for Brand Marketing initiatives and events. Additionally, this position is responsible for other departmental support, including project planning, budget management, routing vendor contracts, and assisting the Industry Relations team on an ad hoc basis. Candidate will handle a great deal of time-sensitive and confidential information while maintaining professionalism and demonstrating impeccable judgment.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of materials to support marketing initiatives
- Assist with event planning and coordination – including tentpole SoundExchange events, sponsorships, conferences, and digital activations, social media events, etc.
- Serve as Production Assistant for tentpole events and activations (as needed)
- Support creative trafficking for branded materials and digital assets
- Help facilitate and move forward key department initiatives
- Assist leadership in following up on various tasks to drive projects through to completion where appropriate
- Process invoices and payment requests from outside vendors as required and manage payment flow to ensure work is paid and deliverables are met
- Responsible for assisting with the day-to-day management of marketing projects, budget, and brand activity calendar
- Point-of-contact for digital agency and vendor relationships
- Responsible for ensuring that SoundExchange vendors and marketing partners receive consistent communication and that planning, tracking, budgets, documentation, and reporting stay on track
- Stay up to date on the relevant industry events and emerging programs
- Act as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff
- Handle confidential and non-routine information
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to handle multiple and often competing tasks and know how to prioritize
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, and a shared commitment to the mission of SoundExchange are required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proficiency in Asana and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- PowerPoint presentation skills
Required Education, Certifications/ Licenses, Related Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university (or applicable experience)
- 2-3 years Administrative Assistant, Production Assistant, Coordinator, or related field required
- This position requires the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing and/or seated) more than half the time
- The person in this position may need to move about the corporate office(s) more than half the time
- The person in this position must be able to maneuver (lift, move, carry, slide, etc.) 15 – 40 lbs.
- This position requires the ability to spend more than half the time viewing computer monitors
- The person in this position must be able to identify and distinguish between colors all the time
- This position requires overnight domestic travel (less than 35% of the time)
- Anticipated travel will be by car, air, and/or train (depending on location)
At SoundExchange, we empower creators and help share the future of music. One way we do this is by respecting diverse voices, varied perspectives, and distinct backgrounds of all of our team members. We are intentional in creating an inclusive culture where we recognize that equity is greater than equality and all employees have the opportunities and support needed to thrive. We strive to create teams that reflect the music community we serve – every individual’s unique attributes and abilities are valued, and are part of how we innovate, create, and deliver experiences to the creators we champion.
Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will not be permitted to access SoundExchange offices until they are fully vaccinated. As a condition of employment, all SoundExchange employees will be required to be fully vaccinated. SoundExchange will provide reasonable accommodations for employees who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief. Accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to [email protected].
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.