Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
Supervisory Role: No
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Location: Washington, DC (hybrid)
SoundExchange is the premier music tech organization on a mission to power the future of music. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 560,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts and to date has paid more than $9 billion in distributions. Through unparalleled innovation of financial tech products and services, it distributes royalties to creator groups, advocates for fair pay across platforms, and creates systems that improve how the industry operates. Its proprietary fintech solutions help turn data into accurate revenue for creators and include Music Data Exchange (MDX) and International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC) Search.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day administrative operations of the Human Resources (HR) department, primarily focused in the areas of payroll, benefits, HRIS and compliance. This role is a key member of the HR team; while the responsibilities below reflect many of the core regular duties, the successful candidate should be adaptable to work on
- Primary responsibility for preparing and processing biweekly payroll (currently using UKG), with proper auditing by HR Manager, ensuring that payroll system records are accurately recorded and cross-checked. Processes and properly tracks personnel data changes affecting payroll, benefits and HR data.
- Primary expert on payroll and timekeeping system (currently UKG); tracking employee timekeeping/time off; managing data setup in system; troubleshoot employee and manager issues, and escalating issues to HR Manager as appropriate. Becomes subject matter expert on HRIS functionality.
- Track all HR employee personnel data (currently in UKG), including processing employee transfers/promotions, reviewing employee data changes, ensuring all HR data reviewed and completed by employees or managers as appropriate.
- Responsible for day-to-day benefits administration, including enrollments, terminations, changes, answering basic employee questions, and reconciling monthly invoices. Escalate issues as appropriate to HR Manager. Assist HR Manager with annual benefits renewal and open enrollment process and communications as appropriate.
- Completes monthly payroll financial reconciliations and related reporting with Finance and able to assist in year-end financial statement audits
- Completes reconciliation of 401K processing, matching and related funding as well as prepare and assist in annual 401K audits
- Facilitate new hire processing, including but not limited to collecting and tracking receipt of new hire paperwork, coordinating process w/ managers, enrolling employees in payroll and benefits systems as appropriate, and opening state tax accounts as necessary.
- Provides recruiting coordination support to the Talent Acquisition Manager as needed, to include but not limited to posting job descriptions, interview scheduling, applicant data tracking, etc.
- Manage all HR Department meeting scheduling needs including but not limited to new hire onboarding meetings, intern schedules, new hire meetings, etc for the department.
- Acts as department expert for tracking and reporting on key HR department data and metrics; serves as subject matter expert on HRIS reporting.
- Ensures that human resource files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that EEO data and reporting is up-to-date and in compliance with federal regulations.
- Research and analyze data for special projects and policy development as requested.
- Maintenance of a central HR repository of employee HR documents such as forms, benefit plan documents, SPDs, website links, etc.
- Assist VP, HR as appropriate with administrative tasks or special projects as needed
- Provides general administrative support for department projects or initiatives as appropriate
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs)
- Strong analytical skills; must be comfortable working with reporting on data.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive HR issues with great discretion.
- Comfort interacting with staff at all levels.
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills. This is a heavily administrative role that will often require frequent juggling of multiple tasks/projects.
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Self-motivated, quick learner.
Required Education, Certifications/ Licenses, Related Experience
- Some experience in HRIS/payroll administration for a mid-size company preferred (not required).
- Some entry-level HR experience preferred but not required; must at minimum show interest in working in the HR field.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred (or equivalent work experience).
- This position requires the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing and/or seated) more than half of the time
- The person in this position may need to move about the corporate office(s) less than half of the time
- The person in this position must be able to maneuver (lift, move, carry, slide, etc.) less than 15lbs
- This position requires the ability to spend all of the time viewing computer monitors
- This position has no travel requirements
At SoundExchange, we empower creators and help share the future of music. One way we do this is by respecting diverse voices, varied perspectives, and distinct backgrounds of all of our team members. We are intentional in creating an inclusive culture where we recognize that equity is greater than equality and all employees have the opportunities and support needed to thrive. We strive to create teams that reflect the music community we serve – every individual’s unique attributes and abilities are valued, and are part of how we innovate, create, and deliver experiences to the creators we champion.
Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will not be permitted to access SoundExchange offices until they are fully vaccinated. As a condition of employment, all SoundExchange employees will be required to be fully vaccinated. SoundExchange will provide reasonable accommodations for employees who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief. Accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to [email protected].
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.