Title: Sr. Office Services Coordinator
Reports To: Sr. Director of Office Administration
Supervisory Role: No
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
SoundExchange is the premier music tech organization on a mission to power the future of music. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 560,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts and to date has paid more than $9 billion in distributions. Through unparalleled innovation of financial tech products and services, it distributes royalties to creator groups, advocates for fair pay across platforms, and creates systems that improve how the industry operates. Its proprietary fintech solutions help turn data into accurate revenue for creators and include Music Data Exchange (MDX) and International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC) Search.
The Senior Office Services Coordinator is a critical member of the SoundExchange Administration department, and as such helps ensure the successful running of our corporate offices and facilities administration. In this role you will be involved in areas such as office safety and security procedures front desk management, general office facilities, assisting with coordinating staff events, and assisting with Administration department vendor management. The ideal candidate will work with the Administration team in a dynamic and growing organization.
The individual will be a critical member to the administrative department in a growing organization. S/he will be expected to work with many departments and report to the Senior Director of Office Administration (Sr.DoOA). This person will be expected to manage department temps or intern’s status’ and requests as needed and required and other special requests as needed by supervisor.
- Perform Main Receptionist tasks such as:
- Greet and direct office visitors, vendors, and meeting attendees as needed for entry to include any safety protocols
- Answer reception phone and direct calls as needed
- Manage interns and temps scheduling for Admin department
- Manage general time and task duties of Office Service Coordinator as directed by Sr.DoOA
- Assist in research, preparation and planning for Company-wide events as directed
- Place orders for general office supplies and special requests as approved by Sr.DoOA
- Oversee inventory and supply stocking and requests
- Coordinate any service orders or maintenance calls and confirm scheduling with Sr.DoOA
- Serve as co-chair team member of the SX Safety and Security Team and backup to Sr.DoOA
- Process special service deliveries and pickups (i.e. FedEx, UPS, Iron Mountain, Shred-it)
- Monitor/confirm postage meter balance is adequate for daily use and special mailings
- Serve as Manager of the conference room scheduling system and process
- Maintain office key log and spare key assignments
- Maintain Datawatch card log to ensure accuracy in assignments and management of loss cards
- Maintain and update internal phone directory and org chart
- Confirm Datawatch cards, key assignments and gym waiver for new hires, consultants, and temporary employees
- Coordinate with the Sr DoOA on future office policies and related tools to support the SoundExchange hybrid workplace
- Ability to understand basic invoicing and budgeting procedures and practices
- Back-up to the other Office Services Coordinator as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs)
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Willing to put in extra hours as required or needed for special events or projects
- Ability to prioritize and manage assignments and deadlines
- Ability to assist with the time and task management of Office Services Coordinator
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees
- Outstanding organization and planning skills, with attention to meticulous detail
- Ability to stay focused, efficient, and effective in managing multiple priorities
- Basic knowledge of working with standard office equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word )
- PowerPoint presentation skills
Required Education, Certifications/ Licenses, Related Experience
- Minimum high school diploma required; Bachelors; degree or equivalent experience preferred. In lieu of degree, a total number of ten or more experience in related field will meet the education and related experience requirements listed above
- Three plus years’ experience in related field required
- This position requires the ability to remain in a stationary position (seated) more than half the time
- The person in this position must be able to maneuver (lift, move, carry, slide, etc.) 15 – 40 lbs.
- This position requires the ability to spend more than half the time viewing computer monitors
- This position has no travel requirements
Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will not be permitted to access SoundExchange offices until they are fully vaccinated. As a condition of employment, all SoundExchange employees will be required to be fully vaccinated. SoundExchange will provide reasonable accommodations for employees who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief. Accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to [email protected].
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.