Apr 30 - May 02, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
About: The ASCAP “I Create Music” EXPO puts you face-to-face ASCAP’s community of today’s most successful music creators for three days of education, networking and inspiration.
- Develop your craft
- Learning from hitmakers
- Get useful feedback
- Valuable connections
- Wisdom from the experts
- Discover the latest technology
Registration for the 10th annual ASCAP “I Create Music” EXPO is now open and members of our organization can register early at a deeply discounted rate! The Early Bird registration price is just $325 for our members or $300 for members who are also members of ASCAP. All registrations include Video Access for free – stream video of all 60 hours of panels! To take advantage of this special rate, select SoundExchange from the Partner menu towards the end of the registration process.
Ask anyone who has ever attended the ASCAP EXPO and they’ll surely tell you it advanced and inspired their music career. Some of the biggest names in music, both on the creative and business side, have participated in the ASCAP EXPO.
Panels featuring SoundExchange
- Featuring: Lauren Danzy, Marketing Manager
- Date: Friday, May 1, 2015
- Time: 2:30 – 3:45pm
- Location: Mt. Olympus (3rd Floor), Loews Hollywood Hotel
- Panel Description: For independent artists and songwriters, understanding all the revenue-generating opportunities for your music is more important than ever. Not only is it essential to understand where the money comes from, but it’s also necessary to build a proper strategy to tap into all the various revenue streams. Learn how you can diversify your music and money to push your career forward in 2015 and beyond.
Workshop featuring SoundExchange
- Featuring: Wade Metzler, Director, Artist & Industry Relations
- Date: Saturday, May 2, 2015
- Time: 11:10 – 11:40am
- Location: Laurel (2nd Floor (Mezzanine)), Loews Hollywood Hotel
- Workshop Description: SoundExchange’s Wade Metzler will explain what it is, why it pays and how to get your share. Registering (free!) with SoundExchange can earn you royalties on satellite radio, Internet radio, cable TV music channels and other sevices that stream sound recordings. Becoming a Member allows you to further maximize your royalties for streams around the world. SoundExchange is a non-profit, and an important source of revenue for all artists (big and small) and labels (indie and major): they’ve distributed over $2 billion to artists and labels so far. But thousands of artists and labels don’t know they need to register, and millions in royalties haven’t yet been claimed. Interactive and question-driven, this workshop will also cover need-to-know info on copyright, licensing, metadata and legislation that will affect your career.