This category is for Noncommercial Webcasters (WSA) with low annual listenership, accruing fewer than 44,000 aggregate tuning hours annually, which is approximately 12 listeners each listening for 10 hours per day. Full rates and terms are described in 74 Fed. Reg. 40614, 40624 Appendix D (Aug. 12, 2009).
2016 – 2020
This category is not part of the 2016-2020 webcasting rates and terms. Applicable services may wish to operate in 2016 as a Noncommercial Webcaster (CRB).
1) Notice of Election:
- Due Date. Services must annually elect (using the minimum fee Statement of Account) prior to January 31. New services beginning streaming on or after February 1 must initially elect within 30 days after they begin streaming. Notice may be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, provided that a signed and completed minimum fee Statement of Account is timely submitted.
- Binding Nature of Election. Services, upon election, are required to operate within the category for all eligible statutory licensing activity through the end of the applicable year.
2) Eligibility Requirements:
Noncommercial Microcasters are noncommercial webcasters (WSA) which must (1) timely elect, (2) have annual listenership in the previous year that did not exceed 44,000 aggregate tuning hours, and (2) not reasonably expect to have annual listenership in the applicable year in excess of 44,000 annual tuning hours.
3) Minimum Fee and Minimum Fee SOA:
- Amount: $500, per station or channel. All payments must be accompanied by a signed and completed minimum fee Statement of Account.
- If payment is owed, the Statement of Account (accompanied by payment) should be mailed, if using regular mail to: SoundExchange, Inc, P.O. Box 75202, Baltimore, MD 21275-5202. If you are using overnight delivery send to: Lockbox Services 75202 Wells Fargo Bank 7175 Columbia Gateway Drive Attn: SoundExchange, Inc., Lockbox 75202 Columbia, MD. Tel.: 1-800-289-3557.
- Payment must be in the form of a check, money order, or direct bank wire (or ACH payment). For assistance in delivering money via bank wire, please contact SoundExchange at 202.640.5858 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Due date: Annual, on or before January 31. New services beginning streaming on or after February 1 are required to pay minimum fees within 45 days after the end of the month in which streaming first occurs.
5) Reporting Waiver:
Noncommercial Microcasters waive the requirement to submit monthly Reports of Use during the applicable calendar year by timely submitting their election (using the minimum fee Statement of Account form) and an additional $100 waiver fee. Services with multiple stations or channels only submit a single $100 waiver fee per applicable year.
6) Late Payments:
The late fee program is designed to catch all late payments, any statement of account or any report of use on a month to month basis. A Licensee is required to pay a late fee of 1.5% per month (0.75% for Business Establishment Services; increase to 1.0% effective January 1, 2014) for any payment and/or statements of account received by the collective after the due date. Late fees accrue from the due date of this payment, statement of account or report of use until payment and the related statement of account are received by the collective.