Title: Manager, Digital Workplace
Reports To: Director, ITOps
Supervisory Role: Yes
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Washington, DC (Hybrid)
SoundExchange is the premier music tech organization on a mission to power the future of music. It was independently formed in 2003 to build a fairer, simpler, and more efficient music industry through technology, data, and advocacy. The only organization designated by the U.S. government to administer the Section 114 sound recording license, SoundExchange collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of 650,000 music creators and growing. Through proprietary music tech solutions that turn data into accurate revenue, SoundExchange has paid more than $9 billion in distributions to date.
We are seeking a highly motivated, passionate about digital transformation and experienced Manager, Digital Workplace, to lead our team of digital workplace specialists. This position will be responsible for the availability, reliability, security, stable, and on-budget operation of our overall technical infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on and technically competent leader with a strong background in IT infrastructure, operations, and project management. This position reports to the Director of ITOps and is a member of ITOps Leadership.
• Manage the ITOps Network team, overseeing our Digital Workplace efforts, including WAN, LAN, Firewall, WiFi and desktop support.
• Leads a team of technicians to provide network infrastructure, platform, system, application, and cybersecurity services for our enterprise.
• Develop, deliver, and own the implementation, operation, and maintenance of a secure, stable, and best-in-class on-prem and multi-cloud infrastructure.
• Develop and implement strategies for integrating software development and network IT operations, using continuous integration, delivery, and deployment tools and processes.
• Deploy, implement, monitor, and maintain digital workplace initiatives, including tools and technologies for collaboration, communication, and productivity.
• Oversee our network, including LAN-Cisco, WAN-Cisco, VPN-PA, Firewalls-PA, Wi-Fi-Meraki, Laptops-Surface/Mac
• Monitor and maintain our backup, and disaster recovery efforts, policies, standards, and processes.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and implement technology solutions.
• Provide regular updates and recommendations to the Director of ITOps on IT infrastructure.
• Plan, design, and evaluate new and existing computer network systems and services.
• Promote a culture of cross-team collaboration and continuous improvement.
• Provide customers with insights for program improvements.
• Keep customer leadership apprised of program progress and risks.
• Partner with the customer and Digital Workplace team members to establish and improve program metrics.
• Review network performance tests and provide reports.
• Act as a technical liaison between clients, customers, and vendors to resolve issues.
• Mentor and provide guidance to other digital workplace team members.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs)
• Experience successfully managing IT infrastructure, Cloud and Cyber security
• Experience with routing/switching configuration and troubleshooting
• Familiarity with JIRA and SLACK
• IP experience (to include sub-netting and routing), IPV4/IPV6
• Working knowledge of IT network, cybersecurity, and cloud technologies
• Experience collaborating with customers on strategic plans
• Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to effectively interact with program, senior technical, and executive level customers
• Extensive experience managing program resources and budgets
• Ability to identify and mitigate program risks
• Demonstrated ability to manage programs using PMBOK and Agile principles
• Success managing programs that have met and exceeded contract SLAs
• Experience maintaining an environment fostering staff satisfaction and improving retention
• Ability to generate and provide useful reports detailing program status for customers and executive leadership
• Ability to balance multiple and competing priorities
• Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality assurance
• MSFT Surface & MAC savvy
• Demonstrated problem-solving, solution development, and analytical skills including performance metrics tracking and process improvement
Required Education, Certifications/ Licenses, Related Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable experience in a related field
• 8+ years of network engineering experience of network experience: functions and concepts of a wide area network, designing LAN/WAN’s, network engineering and desktop support
• 3+ years of experience in a leadership role, managing a team of IT professionals.
• Current experience and or certifications/knowledge of technologies and tools such as Cisco, Palo Alto, Meraki
• Cisco certification desired
• Palo Alto Certification desired
• PMP certification desired
• This position requires the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing and/or seated) more than half the time
• The person in this position may need to move about the corporate office(s) less than half the time
• The person in this position must be able to maneuver (lift, move, carry, slide, etc.) 15 – 40 lbs.
• This position operates machinery and/or equipment that requires the constant use of hands/fingers/wrists (ex: typing, operating the Point-of-Sale system, etc.) a majority of the time
• This position requires the ability to spend majority the time viewing computer monitors
- This position has no travel requirements
At SoundExchange, we empower creators and help share the future of music. One way we do this is by respecting diverse voices, varied perspectives, and distinct backgrounds of all of our team members. We are intentional in creating an inclusive culture where we recognize that equity is greater than equality and all employees have the opportunities and support needed to thrive. We strive to create teams that reflect the music community we serve – every individual’s unique attributes and abilities are valued, and are part of how we innovate, create, and deliver experiences to the creators we champion.
Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will not be permitted to access SoundExchange offices until they are fully vaccinated. As a condition of employment, all SoundExchange employees will be required to be fully vaccinated. SoundExchange will provide reasonable accommodations for employees who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief. Accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to [email protected].
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.