Since forming in 2003, we have established ourselves as the premier music tech organization with a mission of building a fairer, simpler, and creator‐focused industry. Through a combination of proprietary solutions, emphasis on data, and advocacy efforts, SoundExchange works with 3,600+ digital service providers to collect and distribute digital performance royalties – more than $10 billion – on behalf of over 650,000 creators and rights owners.
Title: Sr. CloudOps Engineer
Location: Washington, DC (Hybrid)
Reports To: Manager, CloudOps
Supervisory Role: No
FLSA Status: Exempt
At SoundExchange, we have developed a robust enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving businesses. Systems run on an open-source stack and are deployed to a large AWS cloud-based infrastructure. This role is an individual contributor Senior CloudOps Engineer on our CloudOps team and is responsible for developing and enhancing our DevOps automation capabilities. As the ideal candidate, you are a Senior DevOps Engineer that excels in a dynamic, and agile environment and is passionate about developing solutions that support the development and operations of high quality and highly available software. You also have a background in Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps.
As a member of our CloudOps team, you will help design and implement new DevOps capabilities and enhance existing capabilities, focusing on the build and maintenance of our Continuous Integration, Configuration Management, and Deployment Automation capabilities. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to take on the design and implementation of solutions that increase resiliency, security, and proactive monitoring of our deployed systems and our overall cloud infrastructure across AWS, Azure and OCI.
• Contributes as a hands-on engineer to a CloudOps team including design, development, and deployment of solutions to support our Software Engineering and IT operations teams.
• Works with team and stakeholders to create clean, maintainable technical solutions to complex business problems.
• Implement, maintain, and improve Systems Engineering and CloudOps guidelines, standards, and best practices.
• Work with internal and external personnel that are building and enhancing our Clouds tools and practices.
• Assist with determining guidelines and standards for deploying to AWS infrastructure.
• Create and maintain automated scripts that will build, configure, deploy and test deployed applications.
• Assist with determining system and application security requirements and developing security solutions.
• Leverage, maintain, and enhance our 3rd party engineering tools, including Jenkins, Bitbucket (Git), Pingdom, New Relic.
• Provide Dev, Test, and Production environment operational support; assist with troubleshooting system-level issues and assist with designing and developing solutions to prevent future issues.
• Leverage and follow Agile/Kanban project delivery practices and techniques.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs)
• Proven solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with others (internal and external).
• Proficiency in Agile software development methodology, processes, and practices.
• Ability to influence and communicate effectively with team members and business partners.
• Self-motivated and driven with excellent written and oral communication skills.
Required Education, Certifications/ Licenses, Related Experience
• 3+ years supporting production Linux-based AWS infrastructure
• 2+ years of experience working with AWS services, including use of: EC2, RDS, ELB, S3, CloudFormation, Lambda, VPC.
• At least 2 years in automation using Python, Ruby or similar languages.
• Experience with CICD pipelines supporting software development teams.
• Experience using automation tools like Terraform (ideal), Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet or Chef.
• Experience supporting applications in a containerized Docker environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent field; work experience may be considered as a substitute
• This position requires the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing and/or seated) all of the time
• The person in this position may need to move about the corporate office(s) less than half the time
• This position operates machinery and/or equipment that requires the constant use of hands/fingers/wrists (ex: typing) all of the time
• This position requires the ability to spend all of the time viewing computer monitors.
• This position requires travel less than 25% of the time.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
At SoundExchange, we empower creators and help share the future of music. One way we do this is by respecting our team members' diverse voices, varied perspectives, and distinct backgrounds. We are intentional in creating an inclusive culture where we recognize that equity is greater than equality and all employees have the opportunities and support needed to thrive. We strive to create teams that reflect the music community we serve – every individual’s unique attributes and abilities are valued and are part of how we innovate, create, and deliver experiences to the creators we champion.
SoundExchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the SoundExchange Careers website as a result of your disability. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. If you need an accommodation, please email [email protected]