Since forming in 2003, we have established ourselves as the premier music tech organization with a mission of building a fairer, simpler, and creator‐focused industry. Through a combination of proprietary solutions, emphasis on data, and advocacy efforts, SoundExchange works with 3,600+ digital service providers to collect and distribute digital performance royalties – more than $10 billion – on behalf of over 650,000 creators and rights owners.
Title: Director, ITOps
Job Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer
Supervisory Role: Yes
FLSA Status: Exempt
We are seeking a highly motivated, passionate about digital transformation and experienced Director of ITOps to lead our Cloud Operations, Security and Digital Workplace efforts, oversee our IT infrastructure, and manage our IT operations team. This position will be responsible for the availability, reliability, security and the stable and on-budget operation of our overall technical infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on and technically competent leader with a strong background in IT infrastructure, cloud operations, and project management. This position reports to the CTO and is a member of the Tech Leadership team.
- Manage the ITOps team, overseeing our CloudOps, Security and Digital Workplace efforts, including hiring, training, coaching, mentoring and performance management.
- Define and own the strategy, roadmap and delivery for a secure, stable and best-in-class on-prem and multi-cloud infrastructure.
- Develop and implement strategies for integrating software development and IT operations, including tools and processes for continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Create a seamless and productive digital environment that enables employees to work effectively and efficiently from anywhere, using a variety of devices and platforms.
- Develop and implement strategies for digital workplace initiatives, including tools and technologies for collaboration, communication, and productivity.
- Oversee our network, including LAN, WAN, VPN, Firewalls and our entire cloud networking infrastructure.
- Oversee all our backup, information security and disaster recovery efforts, policies, standards and processes.
- Work closely with the Tech Leadership team and stakeholders in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support high quality, efficient and cost-effective technology solutions for the organization.
- Provide regular updates to CTO on IT infrastructure projects and tasks, capacity, procurement and budget, vendors, personnel, incidents, and metrics.
- Develop, own, manage, and ensure adherence to the overall ITOps budget.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs)
- In-depth understanding of cloud computing technologies, including virtualization, storage, and network technologies.
- In-depth understanding of digital tools and technologies for collaboration, communication, and productivity
- Experience managing a large-scale IT budget.
- Highly collaborative and experienced in stakeholder management external to the technology organization and across software engineering teams.
- Experienced and effective project manager, capable of managing large and complex IT infrastructure projects.
- Experience with managing and maintaining highly scalable and available, transaction-oriented systems.
- Experience and familiarity with large-scale Windows-, Linux-, and cloud-based environments.
- Experience and familiarity with information and network security (particularly for PCI and PII compliance), data management, disaster recovery, and business continuity.
- Experience and familiarity with IT infrastructure methodologies, processes, and practices including SAS70, ITSM, ITIL, and Agile.
- Experience with recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining IT staff.
- Experience leveraging 3rd party commercial and open source software or teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with others (internal and external).
Required Education, Certifications/ Licenses, Related Experience
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in IT operations, infrastructure management, or a related field
- 6+ years of experience in a leadership role, managing a team of IT professionals.
- Strong experience in managing cloud-based infrastructure on AWS, Azure, or the Oracle Cloud platform.
- Strong technical background in IT infrastructure, cloud operations, network security, and system administration
- Experience in managing DevOps or CloudOps teams
- This position requires the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing and/or seated) all of the time
- The person in this position may need to move about the corporate office(s) less than half the time
- This position operates machinery and/or equipment that requires the constant use of hands/fingers/wrists (ex: typing) all of the time
- This position requires the ability to spend all of the time viewing computer monitors.
- This position requires travel less than 25% of the time.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
At SoundExchange, we empower creators and help share the future of music. One way we do this is by respecting our team members' diverse voices, varied perspectives, and distinct backgrounds. We are intentional in creating an inclusive culture where we recognize that equity is greater than equality and all employees have the opportunities and support needed to thrive. We strive to create teams that reflect the music community we serve – every individual’s unique attributes and abilities are valued and are part of how we innovate, create, and deliver experiences to the creators we champion.
SoundExchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the SoundExchange Careers website as a result of your disability. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. If you need an accommodation, please email [email protected]