SoundExchange requires the following completed documents:
1) A COMPLETED AND SIGNED SOUNDEXCHANGE LETTER OF DIRECTION FORM (AVAILABLE HERE), WHICH INCLUDES:
- Name of the Solo Artist or Group on the recording(s) (“Featured Artist”)
- Performer(s) legal name(s)
- Effective Date for the LOD (use Repertoire Chart if multiple effective dates)
- Performer(s) Signature(s) and Signature Date(s), or Authorized Signatory*
- Performer(s) Printed Name
- Name of the Producer, Mixer, or Engineer (“Payee”) (i.e., the Creative Participant’s Name or Company name. Please note that SoundExchange will only pay a company that is solely owned by the Creative Participant)
- Payee Address, Telephone Number and E-Mail
*The Authorized Signatory is the authorized contact for the Featured Artist performer(s) on file with SoundExchange. Please see item 3 below if this signature is presented electronically.
2) A COMPLETED LETTER OF DIRECTION REPERTOIRE CHART (AVAILABLE HERE) OF RECORDINGS COVERED, WHICH INCLUDES:
- Solo Artist or Group Name, Sound Recording Track Name, Effective Date and ISRC (if available) for each sound recording to be covered. You can look up ISRCs here.
- Payment Percentage (“Percentage”) for each sound recording, expressed as a percentage of the Featured Artists share. Do not enter as points or fractions of percentages.
3) THE DOCUSIGN CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION (OR EQUIVALENT DOCUMENT) IF THE SIGNATURE ON BEHALF OF THE PERFORMER OR AUTHORIZED LOD SIGNATORY IS PRESENTED ELECTRONICALLY.
If any of these documents are missing or incomplete, SoundExchange will contact the person who submitted the LOD or the Featured Artist’s authorized contact to complete the information. This will delay activation of the LOD.
For additional how-to guides and useful links for managing your SoundExchange account, visit HERE.