On December 24, 2015, the Copyright Royalty Board revised their determination for the 2016-2020 webcasting rates and terms (“Web IV”) by removing a number of the categories. All services are being asked to choose between three groups of services.
To launch a service or learn more, please select from one of the following:
- Commercial Webcasters (including AM and/or FM simulcasters)
- Webcasters which are neither tax-exempt under Section 501 of the Internal Revenue Code (e.g. churches, schools, etc.) nor owned by a governmental entity are “commercial” webcasters.
- Noncommercial Webcasters (including AM and/or FM simulcasters)
- Streaming services owned by a governmental entity for public purposes or owned by a tax-exempt service under Section 501 of the Internal Revenue Code (e.g., churches, schools, etc.).
- Other Services
- Satellite radio, services offering audio-only music channels via cable television or satellite television, and services streaming into business establishments (e.g., restaurants, retail stores, etc.).