- Licensing 101
- 2014 Rates
- Commercial Webcaster
- Noncommercial Webcaster
- Other Service Providers
- Reporting Requirements
Webcasters which are neither tax-exempt under Section 501 of the Internal Revenue Code (e.g. churches, schools, etc.) nor owned by a governmental entity are “commercial” webcasters. There are eight distinct sets of rates and terms for commercial webcasters:
- Commercial Webcasters (CRB)
- The default category for “internet only” webcasters that do not own or operate FCC-licensed AM or FM stations, using rates determined by the Copyright Royalty Board.
- Commercial Webcasters (WSA)
- An alternate category for “internet only” webcasters that do not own or operate FCC-licensed AM or FM stations, created as a result of the Webcaster Settlement Act of 2009.
- FCC-licensed AM or FM stations which simulcast their terrestrial programming and nonsubscription transmissions on the Internet (or with nonsubscription Internet-only side channels).
- Small Broadcasters
- Broadcasters which stream less than 27,777 aggregate tuning hours annually.
Min Fee SOA (Coming soon!)
Monthly SOA (Coming soon!)
- Pureplay Webcasters
- Webcasters which generate their primary source of revenues from webcasting.
- Small Pureplay Webcasters
- Pureplay Webcasters which earn less than $1.25 million annually in Gross Revenues and which stream less than a monthly average of 10 million aggregate tuning hours.
- Small Webcasters
- Webcasters which earn less than $1.25 million annually in Gross Revenues and which exclusively offer nonsubscription transmissions.
- These Small Webcasters are “hobbyist” level services which (1) have annual Gross Revenues less than $5,000, (2) have Expenses less than $10,000 annually, and (3) stream less than 18,067 aggregate tuning hours annually.
Non-Waiver of Rights:
Important! SoundExchange does not confirm that a service is eligible or compliant with the law by accepting payments, Statements of Account and/or Reports of Use. Also, artists and rights owners do not waive any legal rights by accepting payments from SoundExchange based upon those submissions. Please read on for more detail.> READ MORE
If you have questions about music licensing and streaming please contact us at:
- email us